Java SE 13.0.1 is the latest release for the Java SE Platform
Looking for Oracle OpenJDK builds?
- Oracle Customers and ISVs targeting Oracle LTS releases: Oracle JDK is Oracle’s supported Java SE version for customers and for developing, testing, prototyping or demonstrating your Java applications.
- End users and developers looking for free JDK versions: Oracle OpenJDK offers the same features and performance as Oracle JDK under the GPL license .
To Learn more about these options visit Oracle JDK Releases for Java 11 and Later
Java SE 11.0.5 is the latest release for the Java SE 11 Platform
Java SE 8u231 includes important bug fixes. Oracle strongly recommends that all Java SE 8 users upgrade to this release.
Which Java package do I need?
- Software Developers: JDK (Java SE Development Kit). For Java Developers. Includes a complete JRE plus tools for developing, debugging, and monitoring Java applications.
- Administrators running applications on a server: Server JRE (Server Java Runtime Environment) For deploying Java applications on servers. Includes tools for JVM monitoring and tools commonly required for server applications, but does not include browser integration (the Java plug-in), auto-update, nor an installer. Learn more
- End user running Java on a desktop: JRE: (Java Runtime Environment). Covers most end-users needs. Contains everything required to run Java applications on your system.
Java SE 7 updates
Updates for Java SE 7
are only available to Oracle Customers through
(requires support login).
offers users commercial features, access to critical bug fixes, security fixes, and general maintenance.
Early Access Releases
Early access versions of future releases of the JDK and the JRE are available for testing. These early access releases include future update and future major releases. These releases are licensed only for testing, not for use in production.
JDK 8 Demos and Samples
Demos and samples of common tasks and new functionality available on JDK 8. JavaFX 8 demos and samples are included in the JDK 8 Demos and Samples packages. The source code provided with demos and samples for the JDK is meant to illustrate the usage of a given feature or technique and has been deliberately simplified.