This package contains the files needed for installing the Synaptics TouchPad driver. If it has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix problems, add new functions, or expand existing ones. Even though other OSes might be compatible as well, we do not recommend applying this release on platforms other than the ones specified.
To install this package please do the following:
– Save the downloadable package on an accessible location (such as your desktop).
– Unzip the file and enter the newly-created directory.
– Locate and double-click on the available setup file.
– Allow Windows to run the file (if necessary).
– Read EULA (End User License Agreement) and agree to proceed with the installation process.
– Follow the on-screen instructions.
– Close the wizard and perform a system reboot to allow changes to take effect.
About Touch Panel Packages:
Every operating system installs a generic driver in order to properly recognize the component, which allows users to benefit from basic touch functions. To use advanced touch-panel features, additional software needs to be applied.
If you wish to install this version, know that it can enhance overall performance and stability, add different touch-related fixes, improve existing gestures, or even include support for new ones.
When it comes to the installation steps, first check that that all system characteristics are supported; even though other platforms might also be compatible, we do not recommend you apply the software on OSes other than the specified ones.
It might always be necessary, but it’s best if you take into account a system restart as well, to make sure all available features can be properly used.
With this in mind, if you consider applying the present version, download and install the package. Also check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss a single new release.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.